Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Make your Etsy Store Stand Out From the Crowd






Back in the day when I was a reporter for my local newspaper, I was in charge of two special features. One was a 20 Question profile where I had to find an interesting person and have them fill out a questionnaire about themselves. The other was a small business profile where I reached out to new businesses and wrote stories about them to give them local exposure.

I've decided to resurrect these items and combine the best attributes of both as I think they help not only provide more information about the Etsy stores that are created, but also a bit about the people behind the businesses.

If you'd like to participate and have your Etsy store featured on my blog, simply fill out the questionnaire below and email it to me at loveatfirstbark@gmail.com. You can also provide me with a link to a product you'd like featured and describe why you chose it and this information will also be added to your profile.



ETSY STORE PROFILE

1. Name:
2. Etsy Store:
3. Year Founded:
4. Is this your first online store?
5. I decided to open an Etsy store because....
6. I would describe my store as....
7. The biggest surprise in opening my store has been...
8. Typical number of hours spent per week on my store:
9. My most marked characteristic is...
10. In my spare time I...
11. Length of time before listing my first item and making my first sale:
12. Biggest business mistake I learned the hard way was...
13. I market my store by...
14. I wish I knew how to...
15. If I could change one thing about myself it would be...
16. Best part of having an Etsy store:
17. Worst part of having an Etsy store:
18. The best piece of advice I can share on having a successful Etsy store is...
19. Last item I bought on Etsy was...
20. Product I chose to feature from my store is...and I chose it because...




Thanks for your participation. My goal is to help spread the word about Etsy stores and their products. There are so many wonderful items available by creative and talented people. Let yourself stand out from the crowd! Feel free to email me at: loveatfirstbark@gmail.com or convo me at my Etsy store LoveAtFirstBark

No comments:

Post a Comment